* the slow ache of muscles that tells you you're alive, and that you've earned the right to a hot bath and to be tired in a good way
* metallic taste of nightime air, when snow is on the way
* walking home with no headphones on to hear the thrumm of the city - crystal clear sound that winter brings - echoing footfalls and eavesdropped conversations
* delightful sense of urgency from a full tilt run to catch the bus - the arch look from the driver's lofty perch that says "you're lucky i'm in a good mood, kid"
* revolution is good for the soul
* honour bestowed by a cat that declares you fit company and worthy of lap time.
* in bed, swaddled in a nest of egyptian cotton and goose down, i notice that my hair still smells like cold air